Free Consultation: 202-785-2244

Kenneth J. Annis & Associates

Cross Walk Accident

Crosswalks are supposed to be a safe place for pedestrians to cross the street, but unfortunately that is not always the case. Sometimes pedestrians are hit and injured in crosswalks by cars that are not following the relevant traffic laws. It is important for pedestrians to know what to do if they are injured in a crosswalk and also what the relevant laws are to help injured pedestrians collect damages for their injuries.

Get Medical Assistance If you are hit by a car while in a crosswalk, the first and most important thing is that you get the medical attention that you need. If anyone else is injured, you will want to do what you can to keep them from being injured further and call medical assistance for them. You need to be careful though because if there are potential neck or back injuries you will not want to move anyone until professional medical assistance arrives.

The police may also arrive on the scene and may be asking questions. Make sure you do not admit to any guilt. You can answer the questions that the police ask, but if you are in any doubt you can tell them you want to talk to your attorney first. However, the police officer will probably fill out an accident report which may later be an important piece of evidence so it may be in your best interest to answer the questions. This underscores the next thing that you should do.

Contact a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney As soon as you are able, it is crucial that you talk to an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. You do not want to accidentally do or say something that can reduce the amount of damages you are able to receive.

If you are hit while in the crosswalk, you may be able to file a lawsuit based on the fact that there was a failure to yield by the driver of the car. If the driver is found to have been driving negligently and is responsible for the accident, you can likely recover many different kinds of damages from him or her. These damages include money for lost wages due to the injuries, medical bills, pain and suffering, and money for any other kind of damages that you may suffer.

Collect Evidence There may be important evidence that you need to prove your case. If you are able, you may want to take pictures of the scene or document or collect any other evidence that tends to prove that the driver was negligent. This is especially important if the accident was a hit and run.

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia Cross Walk Accident Attorneys If you are a pedestrian that has been injured in a crosswalk or any other place, you will want knowledgeable attorneys on your side to help you get the damages you deserve. Our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys at Kenneth J. Annis and Associates serve Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia can help you get the recovery for you injuries that you deserve. Contact us today.


1100 Connecticut Ave NW #645
Washington, DC 20036

Phone: 202-785-2244
Fax: 202-785-8181


We serve the following localities: Washington DC; Baltimore; Anne Arundel County including Annapolis and Glen Burnie; Prince George's County including Upper Marlboro, Hyattsville, and Bowie; Carroll County including Westminster and Eldersburg; and Montgomery County including Rockville, Germantown, and Bethesda.